Monday, April 27, 2009

Rates

We just got Ellie's developmental eval in from Case's Project BRIDGE. She has made enormous gains in some areas in the last year. These include two big areas of social-emotional development, relational behavior and self-awareness. Her rate of development increased by 69% in the first area and 67% in the second. This means that she developed in those areas that much faster because of the intervention (there is a statistical way to explain this that I can only do in my head, but probably not well in print). I am thrilled. She also showed noticeable improvement in discrimination behaviors (cognitively, not culturally) and object use. I can't emphasize enough how much this therapy works, and what a difference it has made for a kid like Ellie. I wish everyone had a Dr. Wiggers, a Miss Carolyn and a Miss Sung Hee. Bless you girls.

No comments: