EXPECTED BEHAVIORS AT CAMP FOR ELENORE
1. Use kind words to friends and adults.
2. Speak in a level 1 voice to friends and adults.
3. If an activity makes me anxious or upset, use kind words to ask an adult for help.
4. Stay with the group.
5. Do the activity the group is doing.
UNEXPECTED BEHAVIORS AT CAMP FOR ELENORE
1. YELLING at friends and adults is unexpected.
2. RUNNING AWAY from friends and adults is unexpected.
3. LYING DOWN during group activities is unexpected
4. NOT LOOKING AT THE SPEAKER is unexpected.
We have been exposed to Michelle Garcia Winner's program, Social Thinking, because Ellie's interventionist uses it solo and in tandem with the SLP. I used it to model this prompt for Ellie at camp. A completely worthwhile exploration into how our kids think and how to get them to engage with the world in appropriate and functional ways. http://www.socialthinking.com/