Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Preschool!



Today was Ellie's first day of preschool at Gearity. She's one of 18 kids, 8 with challenges, 10 who are "typical," plus four teachers and a host of other professionals. I have to say that it went well. There were no tears (from her), no nonsense, just exploring and a lot of look-see, like what is this place and where is my place in it? I think she may buddy up with a little girl called Olivia, but I'm not pushing her towards any friendships that aren't of her own devise. I need to let her find her own way socially. Will tomorrow go as well? When it's a real three hour day? Who knows?

1 comment:

Sarah Starr Alleman Smith said...

Her "E" mat makes me happy. Makes me want to make an "S" "M" and "D" - then we could have family mat time - or maybe pillows??